Re: D-link Internal modem drivers

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 09:40:58AM -0800, Gill Batesy wrote:
>Has anyone been able to install a D-Link internal modem having a chip set of
>Motorola SM56. This is a winmodem that what everyone is saying. I tried
>google to find rpm even howto's  but there's nothing that was really of
>help to  me. finally i did get a patch for a sm56 driver but I just don't
>know how to patch it. unfortunately there's  no explanation to howto patch
>the kernel.(or whatever). Luckily  I did come across a report where it say's
>Motorola is working on a port(driver) for linux but the date of release is a
>big secret.

Hi,

Shanu checked up with motorola on this. This is what they said:

Biju

----- Forwarded message from SM56support <sm56support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> -----

From: "SM56support" <sm56support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:23:20 -0600
To: "Shanker Balan" <shanu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Linux driver for sm56 winmodem - Where are they?

Hello,
  At this time we do not have a Linux Beta driver for the Motorola SM56. We
are currently in developement of these driver and will be glad to notify you
when these drivers are available for customer Beta testing.
Thanks,
 Shawn

Biju Chacko        | biju@xxxxxxxxxxx (work)
Exocore Consulting | biju_chacko@xxxxxxxxx (play)