From: Pavan K Balellugari <pavkb@xxxxxxxxx>
To: linux-india-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LIG] Regarding the Indian FTP Mirrors for linux

Hi all,

    I usually read most of the mails on this mailing
list, but never could put my 2cents in.

    As i was following the discussion about Mirrors in
india for the linux kernel & the distros. Here is my
idea. Could be a stupid one.. but still its a workable
idea.
    Most of us have some part or other of the linux
s/w the other person needs.
    So what about a peer-to-peer ftp client .. in the
likes of napster.

    Its just an idea. it could have tech problems like
size of files and likes. But when u come to think of
it. You download the entier kernel source once in long
while. U would need upgrades. this way we could use
the b-width of the existing internet connection.

    I am not sure if i made my self clear, but think
napster & how it distributes files. I am positive this
same could be done for a linux files.

Regards

Pavan