LINK: [simputer] simputer is up!

The proposed SIMPUTER (a simple-computer) is a planned to be a sub-200$
that could revolutionise computing for the commonman. It is based on
Linux too. Check it out... Your feedback is appreciated. FN

Subject: [simputer] simputer is up!
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:55:23 +0500 (GMT)
From: Swami Manohar <manohar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi folks:
	we have some good news to share. over the republic day
weekend we got the first simputer working inside its box
with its own battery pack. linux and X, as well as the audio
part are now in good shape. pending items are: smartcard driver,
higher-speed modem (currently 2400 baud is up), a few glitches
in IR reception, USB slave driver, and power management.
check out www.simputer.org for the details and some pictures.

regards,
manohar

Swami Manohar		   	   Ph:	   +91 80 309 2368 x204
Associate Professor		   FAX:	   +91 80 3341683
Department of Computer Science     Email:  manohar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 & Automation
				   http://www.csa.iisc.ernet.in/~manohar
Indian Institute of Science	   home:  EV-003, Vigynapura Quarters,
				          RMV II Stage,  New BEL road
Bangalore 560012			  Bangalore 560094.
INDIA				    Res.:   +91 80 341 6046

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups