news, a snippet, a question

ITEM 1

MS using the old Blue Screen to sell Win2k (from Register)

A two-page Microsoft ad in the 6 February issue of PC Magazine
proudly features the classic Win9x & NT blue screen of death
bordered by a dotted line and scissors icon, next to a boxed
suggestion that one should cut the familiar screen out and save it for
old times' sake after upgrading to Win2k Pro.

"If you find yourself missing the downtime, cut out and tape to
monitor," the adjacent boxed text recommends.

Towards the bottom of the page we find the cheerful slogan,
"Goodbye blue screen; hello reliable Microsoft." ('At last,' we're
tempted to add.)

Windows 2000 Professional is "thirteen times more reliable than
Windows 98", the advert proudly boasts, and directs readers to the
NSTL Web site where independent test results supporting this claim
may be evaluated.

full story: http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/16139.html

ITEM 2

if windows becomes free, how would you call it? FreeBOSD. (Blue Screen Of Death)

ITEM 3

would it be ok if i posted full articles instead of the urls?

- Diwakar

--
Got something to say? Subscribe to tamil.com e-mail discussion
forums!