Re: Information for the Reader's Digest

Mukund proclaimed:
> >Alexandria,
> >
> >Here are some of Indian sounding names I found in the
> >/usr/src/linux/CREDITS file:

<snip>

> >* Debian developers: Manoj Srivastava, Anand Kumria, Vaidhyanathan
> >Mayilrangam (and your's truly to a teeny tiny extent).  Debian is the
> >single largest effort to produce a free, volunteer driven distribution.
> Hmm.., less than a dozen - among 100 crore people and *they* say india is a
> software giant ;-((

My theory is that this is because of the lack of fundamental internet
infrastructure in India till recently.  This situation is bound to change
as universities start giving students more access.  Also, India's software
gigantism is mostly in the services sector.  Name 3 pieces of widely used
software that was developed primarily in India.

Thaths
--
Lenny: So, Homer, if we vote for you, what are you going to do different?
Homer: What am I, the answer man?  Just vote for me.