Re: My First mail here

At 03:35 AM 1/11/2001, you wrote:
Hi all,
   I am not sure how many users are here, but its good
thing to have mailing list like this.

   Anyways, i am here & a quick question. Does anyone
know what is the penetration of Linux in the Indian
Market. May be its vague question, but just thought i
would ask.

Hello,

I am not sure, what are the means of determining this currently, but I have a suggestion. Maybe Linux India should have a simple web form where users can register their linux machines. I remember doing this sometime back, about three years back, on a foreign site, where they were counting users of Linux worldwide.

Then, PC Quest could be requested to carry a link to this site, when they carry the next linux distribution. That would give a rough estimate of the users.

Regards,

Aseem.