Re: What do CPU-specific packages imply?

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 09:34:39AM -0800, Arun Sharma wrote:
> For apps like a browser or a desktop, I'd be surprised if the improvement
> was > 10%

plain ol' desktop user here. the pentium specific optimizations in 2.4
do give a faster kernel than one just with i386 stuff...

And as for the apps, katmai and mmx does make a _huge_ difference
in Mesa, and other gfx apps... i haven't seen 3dnow in play, but i guess
it'll be on the same lines too... -mpentiumpro did make life easier for
one of my proggies, yes.

Nikhil.