Re: [LIH] Re: server crash...

Hi

I've had totally unexpected system crashes. Most of the times, it was the
hard disk cable. The HDD cable was very near the CPU fan & was getting
heated up after sometime. Then the Kernel was giving all weird messages &
was dumping core. At another instance, the problem was faulty memory chip.

The best way to check whether the system is okay is to do a stress
test. One of the best stress tests available is to do a complete kernel
compilation !

Sreeji