Re: Final Talks schedule

So speaketh "raj rao" <raj@xxxxxxxx> on Sat, 28 Oct 2000 09:14:17 +0530:

> hi
>
> For those mere mortals who are unable to attend (geography is still
> not history), is it possible to do some kind of a 'webcasting' of the
> speeches? This need not necessarily be audio/video - just the speaker
> slides could do the trick.

We actually thought about real audio/video, but then found out that there
is no connectivity (apart from dialup) at the talks venue. Slides are not
an issue, but that is hardly going to be sufficient.

If we can get the sponsors (BPLNET.COM) to video-tape the stuff and make
it available as canned webcasts later (they are ISPs, after all, and don't
have bandwidth issues), it would be great. Will run this past them and see
what they say.

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx (PGP:6011BCB8)
Bangalore, India   | +91(80)3440397 Fax +91(80)3341137