Re: [linux@it.com] Sponsor for the TechTracks at IT.COM secured!

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Raju Mathur wrote:

> Impressive.  Great job, Atul!
>
> Whatever the outcome of the show, we need to show our appreciation to
> ILUG-Bangalore in some fashion.  Now who's sponsoring that
> all-expenses-paid trip to Hawaii? :-)

Hawaii???? Why, you cheapskate! You are just trying to wriggle out of
buying pizza for everyone! ;-)

Seriously, the success is not in the outcome of the show itself, but the
fact that it is the community that is putting it together, supported by
the industry. Not known to happen in certain BSOD quarters. ;-)

As for ILUG-Bangalore - what about ILUG-Goa (who have Guru working day and
night on various related issues), ILUG-Delhi and ILUG-Bombay who are
sending speakers in, ILUG-Nagpur that is sending an entire exhibit in,
ILUG-Indore/Calcutta/Hyderabad/Cochin/Calicut/etc. that are sending
volunteers in, etc. etc. etc.? Do they get to go to Hawaii, too? ;-)

And coming to think of it - can't we go to Goa instead? Please, Uncle
Raju? ;-)

Atul

p.s. I dunno if it is coincidence (I am sure it is) but how come
sponsorship gets clinched as soon as Raju's name showed up on the speaker
list?