Question to PCQuest Guys.

Hiya, I am in no way affiliated with any Computer Magzine except for
reading them. i think you are wrong, and  and I think this discussion ought
to be moved to LIG.
Even foreign magazines can't predict the future which is what you ar asking
PCQuest chaps to do.
Secondly the oversight was corrected by the magazine. If you want to fix
yours you should have bought the issue with the new kernel.
Finally just because you bought the wrong hardware the magazine isn't at
fault. Intel itself issued a statement saying these boards violate intel's
standards/instructions .It's your fault/bad luck that you tried to save
money by buying a cheapo board :-)
 What I want to say is if you attack these guys for giving us stuff , if
you attack them for every little mistake  then you are just going to piss
them off. If they hadn't distributed linux on cds where would you have got
it ? from a *much * costlier book ? By *Downloading* from the net ? You
were unjustifiably hard on the PCQ guys and now you *ARE* trying to justify
your reaction *WITHOUT* hard facts.Name a US or English magazine that never
ever screwed up ?
This was not meant to be a flame  .please reply only on LIG.
Cheerio
Robin

Well, to start with I apoplogise for having this kind of an attitude
towards you. And I agree with you, but only to a certain extent. Well don't
you think there is a touch of carelessness that you find in most "Made in
India" products in it? Do you think a magazine in the US or Europe would
have gotten away with something like that?
I don't mean to justify our reaction. No, by no means am I doing that. All
I'm hinting is that the sometimes attitude in even some of the better
magazines gets a desi touch to it.

Please let me know if I'm wrong.
                                                             Sukrit.D.

PS: I'd like to personally congratulate Atul and PCQuest for their effort
they're putting into their magazine. And I'd also like to apologise to them
for the stand that I took.