Telnet-Help

Hello Linux lovers,
We have a permanent link to internet with a static IP connected to a machine running RedHat Linux 6.2.
If the Internet connection is up and running telnet services from LAN users will work fine.I have a local DNS running with inetd services disabled for outside users and ipchains restrict web access to outsiders.
MY PROBLEM NOW IS IF INTERNET LINK IS DOWN,NO LAN USER WILL BE ABLE TO TELNET TO THE SERVER OR ACCESS DATABASE.HERE ONLY TELNET IS NOT POSSIBLE.SAMBA ,INTRANET SERVER WORKS FINE.
Can anybody help me here PLS.?
Regards,
kbk

Chequemail.com - a free web based e-mail service that also pays!!!
http://www.chequemail.com