Re: Query about Mail Administration Using SendMail

Soumeyndu S. Mohapatra on Thu, Sep 07, 2000 rearranged electrons thusly:

> My linux box is behind firewall and I want to configure sendmail to send
> all mail (except local mails) to be forwarded to a specific host which is
> directly connected to Internet.I am a novice to configure SENDMAIL.Please

Edit /etc/sendmail.cf and look for a line which says DS

Change it to

DS your.smart.host (the server you want to relay mails to)

-suresh

[ps - post this to linux-india-help, not linux-india-general]