List Port Number

Hi ;
    First of all , I would like to thank a lot to UNIX
guru whose had given me a lot of valueable technical
advise about how to manipulate UNIX .

By the way , I've turn on radiusd and radiusacct (The
port number are 1645 & 1646).
    I added on radiusd & raidusacct in /etc/services
file and reboot. When I typed netstat -a , I saw
radiusd & radiusacct is under idle state even though I
turn on raidusd activate at boot time
(/etc/rc2.d/S99radius in solaris) .

   Question (1) : Is my radiusd really running ? If
not how do i force it run ?

   Question (2) : When I typed netstat -a , why i
can't see the radiusd & radiusacct port number listed
?

Can somebody help ?