Re: List the port number

Kelvin Ng on Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 02:30:45AM -0700 rearranged electrons thusly:

>    I've turn services or processes running in Linux .
> How do i check what services have I turn on and and
> what port number are they listening . Can anyone help

Take a look at /etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf - you can turn things off and
on with /etc/rc.d/init.d/service [start|stop|restart] in redhat (and use ntsysv
to select what processes are started up when booting)

Oh yeah - get nmap (you can search rpmfind.net for it) and run it - that'll
give you a list of ports open on your system.

-suresh