From: Toji Leon [mailto:tojileon@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2000 6:31 AM
To: linux-india-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [LIG] Command Prompt

hi
Is there any way to display the current time as the
command prompt?
if PS1="`date "+%H:%M:%S"` \W" is written, it'll display
only the login time(of course, along with the current dir).
I want 2 c the time of displaying the prompt each time
the prompt is displayed.
Where'll the shell look for PS1 each time the prompt is
displayed? Any file?
thanks

LIG is all for free speech.  But it was created
for a purpose.  Violations of the rules of
this list will result in stern action.