Re: Aunet and linux-india?

--- Dwivedi Ajay kumar <ajayd@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I did not intend to offend anyone.

Understood and accepted.

> I voiced what I felt was an error and got a reply which scolded me
> for typing an address in my browser.

You ought to pay attention to the emoticons. I noticed the ;-) after
that "Why did you..." statement. What I understood from that was on the
lines of "I was hoping nobody would check that before I got around to
fixing it."

I, too, would be miffed if I was scolded for pointing out an error.
This is just one of the pitfalls of using verbal-style language in
written communication. You understood something completely different
from what Thaths was trying to convey. Your reply was therefore quite
understandably strong.

Unfortunately, since most of the rest of us caught the light-hearted
tone of Thath's reply, your attitude seemed unwarranted. Hence the
flame.

Moral of the story: Pay attention to emoticons -- they're not just for
decoration.

regards,

Biju

=====