Re: Re: [LIH] Linux or Finishx

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> >L'x may be free but the people who administer it
> >certainly arn't, they costa good deal more than
> >NT/2000 admins. Right Thaths ?
>
> And who told you that?  Just because cheap-ass hole in the wall
> "institutes" are churning out dozens of MCSE/MCSD people who naturally get
> rock-bottom salaries?

The only advantage MCSE/MCSD guys have today is numbers. The streets of
Delhi and Bangalore crawl with them, looking for work.

Linux-savvy guys are still in short supply, and naturally will cost more,
for no other reason that they typically know more and can do more.

You are not paying more because they are Linux guys - you are paying more
because they are better. I.e. you are paying for quality.

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx (PGP:6011BCB8)
Bangalore, India   | +91(80)3440397 Fax +91(80)3341137