Re: Linux losing out?

>>  I think that this is where the LUGs can help...

Sites like rediff and hungama are running PHP (at some level or the other)
There are several other second rung Indian sites which run PHP
May be a list of them @ the LI site would be of help

As far as training goes our programmers have been trained in-house on job.
May be corporates who have enough inclination, need, time and some money can
do the same. Anyone who knows C syntax can learn PHP

Another problem we face with Indian developers and promoters is that they
want a face to face meeting (unlike the western clients) unless this
attitude/need changes Open Source web development (which more or less is
modeled on the over all Open Source community) will not thrive.

Another thing which would help is Web Projects which are originating in
India and are Open Sourced

I want to develop an Open Sourced Indian Stock Market technical analysis
program based on PHP BUT have not found any willing / able contributors till
now  :-(

Any Takers?

Tarique

       B2B Application Service Providers