Re: Kerala evolving new vistas in e-governance

Arun Sharma wrote:

> First it was China, now it's Kerala. I'm not trying to sound cynical
> here. But the obvious communist influence is not to be missed.

Its hard to be a cynic these days!

Now, here was a poor soul posting about one of the very
first projects in e-governence the Linux way, in this part of the world.
Somebody,instead of offering a decent well studied criticism,  just took
time off his busy schedule to *troll* about the importance of not
missing the communist angle. If you dont care about General issues
*concerning* Linux please feel free to drop out of LIG. May i suggest
Linux-India-Commie-Bashing at this point ? We would all like to stamp
out noise levels on this list

I know of some of my friends who have been associated with this
particular project. They took time off their busy  Sems to prove a
point or two in implementing Linux solutions.They did a great service
to the 'community' (which Arun claims not to be part of any way..)

As for the rest of the community, /we are like this only../

> I don't believe that communism is completely evil. But a lot of people
> I've chatted with on the net, do. And they argue that Linux and GPL
> have nothing to do with communism, because they are all about "freedom"
> and one can't talk about freedom and communism in the same sentence.

I distinctly remember Atul complaining about ramming opinions down
others throats. I am inclined to agree.
Feynman says "What do you care other people think?"
More importantly if it aint yours, why post'em?

> <quote>
> The project which is now getting a close look from the State Planning
> Board is touted to be a perfect `Kerala Model' just like the one in
> social development which is characterised by low GDP, but high quality
> of life indices and acclaimed the world over.
> </quote>

> I normally try not to bring in the "C" word into the discussion, as it
> quickly degenerates from that point. Hopefully not this time ?

What can i say?
In one sweep Arun dodges the entire debate and makes me feel
guilty about trolling.

Free speech ? as one may wonder.

- Rajeev

	*seen last running over to the grand jury and screaming wildly
        " Mea culpa! Mea Culpa!
          Ur Honor! i promise my X-Mailer shall be sober tomorrow" *

---
*Free* not by chance, but by choice.