Re: What is Linux ? (Was Re: Formal Member Registration)

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 12:24:43AM +0530, Indranil Das Gupta wrote:

Indranil,

> My personal beliefs apart, as a member of a consulting group with its
> core strength in Open Source products, my team-mates and I often select
> non-Linux/non-GPLed, even proprietory license based  products/solutions
> when they are needed to serve a particular client requirement better
> than Linux or GPLed s/w could. We don't feel that we are betraying
> the movement,

I hope you realize that there is a contradiction between your beliefs
(if you understand what GPL is about) and your actions. You probably
spend more time consulting about non-GPL'ed software (apache, sendmail,
X, perl etc) than GPL'ed software (Linux kernel, gcc, emacs, gdb). But
you somehow believe that "Linux" is all about GPL.

	-Arun