Re: Kerala evolving new vistas in e-governance

On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 11:42:35AM +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:
> Nice writeup on Linux usage in the Kerala Government.
>
> http://www.indiaserver.com/thehindu/2000/05/26/stories/0426211w.htm

First it was China, now it's Kerala. I'm not trying to sound cynical
here. But the obvious communist influence is not to be missed.

I don't believe that communism is completely evil. But a lot of people
I've chatted with on the net, do. And they argue that Linux and GPL
have nothing to do with communism, because they are all about "freedom"
and one can't talk about freedom and communism in the same sentence.

<quote>
The project which is now getting a close look from the State Planning
Board is touted to be a perfect `Kerala Model' just like the one in
social development which is characterised by low GDP, but high quality
of life indices and acclaimed the world over.
</quote>

I normally try not to bring in the "C" word into the discussion, as it
quickly degenerates from that point. Hopefully not this time ?

	-Arun

PS: Those interested in the discussion can follow chat@xxxxxxxxxxx archives:
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/search.cgi?words=Kerala&max=25&sort=score&source=freebsd-chat
I'd love to hear from the people of kerala about their views - probably
offline.