Re: Re: [LIH] Fwd: Kylix Kickoff

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 08:58:20AM -0700, Sudhakar Chandra typed:

>Can someone also stop GT Enterprises from sending me spam about the latest
>Linux CDs?  I've written polite emails informing them that I don't live in
>India and that I have a big pipe so don't need CDs.

IIRC, they have an account gtcdrom@xxxxxxxx subscribed to LIH, to which
they post periodic pricelists etc (and even remember to add a commercial
tag for each post these days) :)

If you are also being contacted offlist despite repeated requests, it is
clearly spam, and you have two options --

1. Block gtcdrom@xxxxxxxx from the LIH list (pity, as they are Cheapbytes
affiliates in India) and put this addy and gtcdrom.com (their domain) in
your /etc/mail/deny.db (oh hell, you're running postfix, right - do the
equivalent thing in postfix)

2. Mail G.P.Singh <gpsingh@xxxxxxxx> who is sysadmin of VSNL, and request
him to take action against this account in accordance with VSNL's
acceptable use policy

(clause 6 <iirc> of the "General terms and conditions for GIAS
subscribers" states "User shall refrain from sending unsolicited
messaging")

hth
-s

Suresh Ramasubramanian | sureshr at staff.juno.com
[Prime Minister Joseph] Chamberlain loves the working man -- he loves
to see him work.
		-- Winston Churchill