fw: Expanding the Use of Technology within the Southern Columbia Area School District

see below - local lugs can do a _lot_ of this stuff in schools and
colleges.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian | sureshr at staff.juno.com
I went to the race track once and bet on a horse that was so good that
it took seven others to beat him!

-----

Date forwarded: 	Mon, 15 May 2000 05:39:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:           	Eugene Leitl <eugene.leitl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date sent:      	Mon, 15 May 2000 02:36:57 -0700 (PDT)
To:             	<fork@xxxxxxxx>, silk-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Copies to:      	<transhumantech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<transhumantech@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:        	a constructive use for old hardware
Forwarded by:   	silk-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Send reply to:  	silk-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

(((I don't recall where I've seen this, hopefully not here. In case
   someone has a pile of old junky hardware, here's a possible way to
   reuse it.
)))

http://www.scolumbiasd.k12.pa.us/hs/business/gengler/st/index.htm

Expanding the Use of Technology within the Southern Columbia Area School
                                     District
 Goal
          Sub-Goal
                            Technology Used
                                     Rationale (Summary)
 Chapter 1 - My room becomes the computer 'graveyard'
 Chapter 2 - Unix comes calling
 Chapter 3 - Reconditioning the Leading Edge 486dlc's
 Chapter 4 - Word gets out
 Chapter 5 - Xwindow Xplorations
 Chapter 6 - Refurbishing the 486 server & Use of Unix in the Classroom
 Chapter 7 - The 4/66 gets crushed under the load & the move to graphics
 Chapter 8 - The End of the Journey, or Just the Beginning? Final
 Evaluation
                            Pictures/Screenshots