Re: Re: Re :[OT] Hackers

Shanker R Swaminathan saw fit to inform LIG that:

> always got a reply within 24 hours . Just because you know how to play
> around with the VSNL systems doesn't give you the right to go around doing

Seconded .... also the fact that you are disrupting services to all
other vsnl users while you are logged in as root.

> do remember some slamming suresh took for posting some details on the
> sendmail buffer overflow problem . Why the double standards now. If the

That was a generic security problem - available since several years on
rootshell / cert / bugtraq ... wouldn't even affect newer sendmails.

I also detailed a fix for it, if you'll note.  That sort of thing is
perfectly acceptable imho, not when someone boasts "I h4x0red vsnl" or
says "I h4x0red vsnl because the admins are too clueless to solve my
problem".

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + President, CAUCE India + www.india.cauce.org
Stopping Spam In India + suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx + Spammers are Losers