Re: Embrace, Extend, Extinguish

Thus spake Arun Sharma:

>Another troll huh ? GPL can only "protect" code, not ideas [1]
>Microsoft will still be "free" to implement their own kerberos extensions.

Right - but M$ is rather noted for this kind of thing.  The last I heard,
they'd tried to trademark "D.N.S" as it was the abbreviation of something
new (or lifted, who knows <g>) they were introducing.

Another [OT] example - Verio (a HUGE webhost and ISP - verio.net) tried to
trademark "whois" (!)

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian     | President, CAUCE India
r.suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   | suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx