Re: Brave GNU world about the word "virus"

I think I need once again to go into the difference between having a
bank account and software (stop groaning, you out there!)

I fail to understand why people insist on equating free software and
the GPL with their right to make money.  Software is software.  Money
is money.  If you share the one, it increases.  If you share the
other, it decreases, or at best remains the same.  Keeping atta for
your lean periods is not called hoarding.  Keeping atta which is meant
to be distributed in a godown and waiting for the price to rise is
called hoarding.

Perhaps the Linux-India site should have a link to Merriam-Webster on
the Web for quick lookups of common words? <grinning, ducking and
running very fast>

As far as the enforceability of free software is concerned, you don't
need any support except copyright from the state, whether it be
Capitalism, Communism, whatever-ism -- as far as I know the GPL works
the same in all countries with any pretence to a legal infrastructure.
You might just be pleasantly surprised if you go beyond labels
(Communism, freedom, etc) and look at ideas on their individual merit.
The habit of classifying and dismissing (Oh, it's just another
rapidly-approaching meteorite on an earth-intercept orbit, now that we
know what it is let's ignore it) can be very dangerous!

In other words, I don't want Oracle to give away their software --
I'll wait until a reasonably functional free equivalent is present,
and wait for Oracle to die, as will most companies which insist on
taking from the community without giving anything back in return.

Regards,

-- Raju