Re: IP masq / forw / chain ?

What the hell is menuconfig?? Do you mean the kernel "make menuconfig"?

If ipchains is enabled just run:
  ipchains -A forward -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 0/0 -j MASQ

if you want to use squid as transparent proxy, check out the wonderful
article on the same on the PCQuest site. Basically:

1. Your kernel should be configured properly. The standard PCQ dist,
   AFAIK, is so
2. Add suitable options to squid.conf, e.g. "httpd_accel" and all
3. Add ipchains -A input -p tcp -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 0/0 www -j REDIRECT 3128

where 3128 is the port squid is listening to

- Sandip