Re: Realplayer

This is strange,

    Could you describe which plugin you are using for sound output in
xmms. (OSS/ esd etc) and the sound card you have.

    Also, I do not get the earphone part, you mean to say , sound do get
out of the speakers, but when you plug in an earphone instead of the
speaker to the line out of the sound card , you hear no sound! If this
is the case, then your earphones are damaged. try the earphones on a
walkman/sterio first to check if they are working!

Regd.
Rajat

harshal vaidya wrote:

> hi ,
>
>   i downloaded the Realplayer and installed it .
>   Now i am facing a starange problem.
>   xmms use to play music properly.Now after
> installation of the realplayer xmms just hangs after
> starting.Moreover to add to the funny behaviour, when
> a song plays in the Realplayer it plays in a "fast
> forward mode" automatically.Now this may sound
> unbeleiveable but its happening with me.
> The story is not over yet , when a song is playing (
> of course in fast forward mode ) , when i plug in the
> earphones to the proper place .. no sound comes out of
> the earphones :(
>
> so any ideas , suggestions , i need them real
> desperately.
>
> --- Yashpal Nagar <yash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Dear Vaidya,
> >    You can download the realplayer for linux from
> > http://www.real.com, comes in
> > rpm...or http://freshmeat.net it works cool with 16
> > bit resolution and above,
> > One more thing if you have Redhat 7.0 OR Redhat7.1
> > (5 CD pack) you can get it
> > from these CD's i think in 3rd or 4th CD.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Yash
> >

> > On Tue, 03 Jul 2001, harshal vaidya wrote:
> > > Can Anybody gimme the url from where i can
> > download
> > > realplayer for linux.
> > >
> > > Thanks

-- - Popi Classification
[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

--- A Nice Quote
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may
not lead.
Walk beside me, and be my friend. - Albert Camus
-- Contact Me
 Rajat Bhatia
 Rajat.Bhatia@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 Tel:    +91-124-6307212   Ext 1350