From: Harshal Vaidya (CTS) [mailto:HarshalV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 8:44 PM
To: 'linux-delhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [linux-delhi] lilo boot

i guess you need loadlin

-----Original Message-----
From: Vavi [mailto:vava@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 18 June 2001 6:47 AM
To: linux-delhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-delhi] lilo boot

taking the queue... i wanted to ask one more thing...
i know its a bit off topic, but quite relevant..

on a computer, i had both win/linux dual boot using lilo. now when i
reinstall win, the MBR gets over-written, and so the dual boot option is now
unavailable.. ofcourse i had a boot floppy for rescue.. but isnt there any
app in dos which can atleast copy a minimal lilo , wherein, atleast we could
give a "root=/boot/KERNEL" etc... because, otherwise , without a boot
floppy, its a chicken and egg problem. you need lilo for linux, and linux
for lilo. !!

thanx
vavi