re: microsoft lying and all!!

HI THERE WAS THIS ARTICLE FWDED ON THIS LIST ABOUT MICROSOFT LYING AND ALL. I WENT AND READ THAT ARTICLE. THIS IS WHAT I FEEL ABOUT IT. I THOUGHT THIS MIGHT BE A FRUITFUL DISCUSSION. SO HERE GOES ::

Comments: Very well written. but at the end, the author was trying to eat his/her cake and have it too. I mean out of ballmer's statements you picked out the ones which suited you. you said all his statements were "Big Lies" except that open source was a threat to him. I mean probably that could be a lie too. Probably I'm not making sense - but just think of it - I try to coax all my friends to stop using windows and shift over to linux. but I myself haven't been able to get rid of windows completely - I need it cuz my winmodem wont work without it. I wont be able to watch vcd's without it. i wont be able to play some of the finest games. AND now intel & microsoft have started infiltrating the people at the very basic level, in the schools(i am in india). they have distributed, their os and other stuff at much lower prices(i was told this by my comp teacher), and they have now updated the syllabus from BASIC & pascal to ms word, excel and all that shit. I mean they are planning to upgrade C to C# and .net too. So with all these things coming in, how does one suppose that linux could be a threat to MS WINDOWS. I mean one buys any branded computer - HCL, compaq, hp, etc. windows is bundled with it. and on top of that - one of my friends asked the vendor to install linux too, and he said that the guarantee will be void if he installs linux. I mean what does one expect. think about it. And it is not that the linux GUI is one of the stablest around I have RH 7.0 and the GUI too gets hung. I guess you'll reply to this at my mail id. I sure would like to share some of my views with the author. thanx, bye saurabh nanda
Submitter's e-mail: metalmaniac@xxxxxxxxxxxx