Re: Re: [LIG] Linux on the Desktop--an Impossible Dream?

>  Linux works well on the desktop - as a workstation.  _Not_ as a general
>  newbie PC for your typical "check mail using outlook express, browse
around
>  a bit and then play a few games" user.
try running mandrake 8.0, and see for yourself how much linux has
progressed. I have been using linux for a very long time, and i must say
that i was quite impressed by the way mandrake handled the installation and
the general eye candy for the desktop!

Bye,