Re: win2k server and linux dual boot

On Fri, 4 May 2001, Jasmeet S. Virdi wrote:

> : Check out the Linux+NT-Loader mini HOWTO.
> :
>

> yaar wint nt _ linux mini how to is based on the boot.ini in winnt , win2k
> doesn't have ne such file..
> booting mechanism of win2k  &win nt is different....
> ne ideas....

AFAIK, NT and 2000 boot the same way. The only windows 2000 system I ever
came across *did* have the boot.ini file and following the instructions in
the mini-HOWTO worked fine.

Windows 2000 probably hides boot.ini since it's a ``system'' file.

http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+windows+2000+boot.ini

bye :)
Anmol