Re: prob in dial-up setup

> I'm trying to setup dial-up net connection under RHLinux6.2. How do I
> implement the Win9x feature 'Server assigns Name Server addresses'??
> i.e. i don't want to specifically mention nameserver(s) in resolv.conf.

man pppd, with a search for 'nameserver' shows :

 usepeerdns
              Ask the peer for up to 2 DNS server addresses.  The
              addresses  supplied by the peer (if any) are passed
              to the /etc/ppp/ip-up  script  in  the  environment
              variables  DNS1  and  DNS2.  In addition, pppd will
              create an /etc/ppp/resolv.conf file containing  one
              or  two  nameserver lines with the address(es) sup­
              plied by the peer.

pppd version 2.3.11, you may need to upgrade if your ppp does not support
this. Funnily, I was wondering how to do it myself this evening (setting up
a new netkracker acocunt). Never thought that it was supported yet ;)

-nikk