Re: win95 <---> Linux over null modem ??? (fwd)

nikhil>So is there a way for me to do a Z modem type download by directly
nikhil>connecting the two machine's modems ? I suppose I culd transfer it over the
nikhil>net, but I don't have all year.
yes..
but it sounds dumb... itll still take u all year...
u just use minicom on the linux box and dial up computer or something on
ur win machine... then just dial into the laptop.. u can do anything
then..
ull need 2 modems.. 2 fone lines... and a lifetime supply of cool water.

nikhil>If its not possible, I gues I would need a direct serial connection. What kind of
nikhil>cable do I need, and where can I get it ?
well go to any vendor at nehru place...
he'll make one for u.

if u have eth cards for both the machines... then no prob at all.. do u??

Neil