Linux installation - Compaq Notebook

I recently got a - Compaq  Presario Notebook MOD 1600-XL 140 APD.

  Am planning to get linux on that, thus I called up Compaq support to get
some information regarding the graphics card/HSync & VSync.

  When, I intimated them, I was about to make a linux installation, they
said, they do not provide any kind of support other than notebooks running
on M$ OS's. Again I requested them, for the information about the hardware -
they told me, Graphics Card was Trident, he was not sure about a specific
with Model number etc. And the HSync he gave me was 48 Hz and VSync 68
Hz. -- Isn't this really wierd ?

  Also he made me note a point that their drivers do not support
systems/devices running on Linux.

Kinda KorNFuZZleD ;-)

Hola! Someone running a Presario Notebook on Linux ?