Re: Re: [LIG] [TROLL] License of messages sent to he list

On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 09:58:17PM -0000, did oberoi write:
> On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 10:55:37AM +0530, did Raju Mathur write:
> > Been thinking about this for some time: when I post a message to the
> > mailing list, what license applies to it?
> >>I think the question of license is entirely upto the poster. Neighter the
> >>list admin nor LI should dictate a license. The poster decides (and
> >>clearly indicates, if so desired) which license the post post is posted
> >>under.

> Sure you mean that everyone should decide what the law/RULE is going to
> be and how it should be implemented and interpreted . I think thats an
> EXCELLENT IDEA with that u have just put lawyers out of buisness!! But
> not onnly that you have put the entire system out of work...who is going
> to govern!!!!

Call me a libertarian...  but I'm just old fashioned and think that the
fewer rules and laws there are to this list, the lesser chances of them
being broken.

Besides, it really should be upto the poster what license her posts are
going to be licensed under.  The governors of the mailing list SHOULD NOT
force any license on the posters.

> FREEDOM COMES AT A COST ..BUT SHOULDNT COME @ COST OF ANARCHY...DEFINITELY NOT

That, sadly, has been the argument used by both far right and far left
governments (read 'dictators').

Thaths
--
pub  1024R/9B7FE6BD 1998-03-25 Sudhakar Chandrasekharan <thaths@xxxxxxxxx>
Key fingerprint = 8A 84 2E 67 10 9A 64 03  24 38 B6 AB 1B 6E 8C E4