Re: Linux and VoIP

Hi Vinod,

>>>>> "vinod" == vinod abraham <vinodab@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

    vinod> Dear Friends, Any idea of any open source utilities for
    vinod> implementing VoIP with linux boxes which would take care
    vinod> server app side like h323 and gatekeeper etc.  Any pointers
    vinod> to the same.. pls let me know.  Anybody has implemented
    vinod> anything?  Regards, Vinod Abraham Enk

Not many.  This is one area where Linux does need more applications.
Most of the VoIP projects on Linux are actually university research
projects and they use their own hi-fi algorithms, and thus you need
the same program on both ends, which is not always possible.

However, there are a few useful programs too, I am giving the
following links from my Bookmarks, search freshmeat for others:
http://www.iptelephony.org/GIP/how/phone/
http://www-sop.inria.fr/rodeo/fphone/

I don't know of any PC-to-Phone software that works in Linux.  If you
find one, do inform me too !

Bye,
Lokesh
--
When we get back, I'll drop a line -- The Doors.