Re: Re: linux and solaris-8

------------- Original Message --------------
"Sunil Dhaka" <lindel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
To:<linux-delhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From:"Sunil Dhaka" <lindel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:Mon, 9 Apr 2001 16:41:42 +0530
Subject:Re: [linux-delhi] linux and solaris-8

>I am trying to install linux and solaris machine...i have read most of the
>doc's but it's not working .....can any one tell me funda behind it......
Your query is rather vague. Please be specific regarding your exact problem
if you want a worthy answer. Specify what's not working...
I mean ..I cud answer your query by saying ...The funda is ....
Do it yourself... I hope you get the point I'm trying to make
Regards,
Dax

Well as it happens I am trying to install solaris 7
on my X86 box
I a have downloaded the boot floppy image
tried to do something with it

I am getting the following error on booting from DCA

Solaris Boot Sector Version 1

Solaris MDBexec load error

I have searched far and wide on the net
but I am not met any sucess
I must be doing something wrong somewhere

well if someone has a bootable cd of SOLARIS 8
and is willing to SHARE/HIRE/DUMP
I would really appreciate it

I have tried and attempted it with a HDD <8 GB
and HDD = 20 GB
with the same error...

There are so mnay issues that I have seen people get in trouble with that I am wondering how possible is it to install SOLARIS 7 or 8

Regards

http://bol.rediff.com