Re: pppd problem

On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 09:25:30AM -0700, Vivek khurana wrote:
>Hi:-)
>
>   I am facing a problem in connecting to the net i am using wvdial my problem
>is
>  When i use wvdial it connects to server and detects a carrier but after some
>time i get a message saying
>   PPPd deamon has died ! (exit code= 10)
There can be many reason's of ppd dying
most frequent being
 You don't have ppp support in kernel
 but I think You r using the default kernel
 so obiviously this is out.

> My var/log/messages file gets follwing entries after this event
>    Using interface ppp0
>    Connect: ppp0<--> /dev/ttys1
>    LCP: timeout sending Config-Request
this happens when after the handshake the
speed drops or noise ratio is high
so it waits and waits for the ip addresses
but never gets 'em.

another reason may be BSD compression thing
 me has no clue about that.

So what should u do try again and again
cuz its not a config problem

the problem is with the line or ur ISP.