query on solaris

Arun,

As far as installation of Solaris goes the main thing is that you have to
have 128MB of RAM. You cannot install it if you don't have 128MB RAM. It
will take around 1GB for the full installation. I had problems installing it
on a computers with speed above 800Mhz, and spoke to few Solaris
administrators and it seems to be comon problem. Beta version also doens't
support Nvidia's cards, but you can get cheap Cirrus Logic video card and
they work great and also they are well supported by Solaris. That was on
Solaris 8 beta, I just downloaded final release of Solaris 8 from Sun's web
site but I haven't tried it yet. Solaris 8 is free for download, or you can
order media kit ($75 I think) which containts CDs with Solaris 8.

Dina-natha Das.