Re: Dangerous bug in IE

Hi Manu etc.,

    >> > For those using Internet Explorer 5.01 or 5.5.  There is a
    >> very > serious security flaw discovered in IE that will allow a
    >> website to
    >>
    >> ok. now please tell me whatever a bug in IE has to do with
    >> linux.??.  this is supposed to be linux-delhi.org not
    >> microshaft.com!!

    Manu> perhaps he wanted to demean the "GREAT" microsoft.  thanx
    Manu> manuc

The reason I post about this bug is because:

1. A lot of people here double-boot between Linux and Windows, and
   this is of interest to them.

2. Many people here are sys-admins who run Linux servers and Windows
   workstations in their office.   Just look at the Samba-related
   mails in the past month and you would know.

3. This bug can be so dangerous and the only way out is by spreading
   awareness.  By the time this patch makes into next month PC Quest
   CD, lot of damage might already have been done.

As far as demeaning Micro$oft is concerned, that was not the reason I
posted here.  Though I really don't mind if it occurs as an side
effect.

Bye,
Lokesh.

--