Who wanted Help on Samba Dance

If you have NT PDC and want your linux machine join domain do following

Make following changes in your /etc/smb.conf file but do take backup of
it

workgroup=<NT PDC defined Domain>
domain controller = <NT PDC Netbios name>
security=domain
encrypted password = yes
password file = /etc/smbpasswd

Now at prompt

# smbpasswd -j <Domain name> -r <NT PDC Name>

This should show a message

smbpasswd: Joined <Domain> domain
#

Now you are connected to NT PDC, if you have any share on NT PDC and
want to see it from Linux do following

smbclient -L <NT PDC Name> -U administrator
Password: <NT PDC Administrator Password>

It will show a list of shares and hidden shares (Isn't it a beauty)
available on the PDC
Now mount any share using smbmount

smbmount //<PDC Name>/<Share Name> /mnt/<Folder where it has to be
mounted> -U administrator
Password: <Enter your NT Administrator Password>

Now I think that is enough of spoon feeding next time you do it by
reading HOW-TOs and Sites on Samba and Documentation etc. Ok.

Thank you

Vivek Khare
Asset International, Zonal Office
New Delhi