This time SQUID is after me

Dear Linux family members,
I am thankful to all of you for providing me solution for mouse problem and
i810 boards.
This time SQUID is teasing me a lot as I was setting the proxy server at my
office using red hat 6.2.
I tried it around 13 times using all the permutations/combinations of the
settings given in November 1999 PC Quest and the settings given by a friend
but of no use. So ultimately I had to ask you people for help.
I am using SQUID-2.3.STABLE1-5

I made only following changes (uncommented ) in squid.conf

http_port 3128
cache_mem 8 MB
cache_dir ufs /var/spool/squid 100 16 256
http_access allow all

then I executed following commands

# /etc/squid/squid -z
# /etc/rc.d/init.d/squid start
Starting squid: init_cache_dir ufs ... squid

On issuing squid status I see

squid (pid 2027 2007) is running

But when I say

#squid -NCd1

It says
Blah Blah Blah
Loaded Icons
commBind: Cannot bind socket FD 10 to *:3128 : (98) Address already in use
FATAL : Can not open HTTP Port

Apart from this when I am trying to access INTERNET from other clients I am
not able to it gives access denied error (where I am giving the IP Address
of Linux pc and port 3128).
I am using wvdial-1.41-3  for dialup connection.

Please help me ASAP

Regards

Vivek Khare