Re: rpm3 to rpm4 upgrade, crashed rpm DB

rpm -qa wouldnt give any output if it couldnt find anything in the new
format. Which is what had happened to me when my rpm database got
zapped. I would say you better get your stuff out of that machine and do
a reinstall. I do believe I said that rpm upgrade should be done
standalone and not as part of one big rpm -Uvh *.rpm. You are supposed
to do a upgrade of rpm and db3 together and run rpm --rebuilddb before
doing anything else with the rpm database.

Mithun