Re: Tomcat

First make sure java and ant is running you have to export classpath as ..(assuming java is installed in /usr/local/java & tomcat in /usr/local/tomcat)

CLASSPATH=/usr/local/java/jre/lib/rt.jar:/usr/local/java/lib/tools.jar:.
:/usr/local/tomcat/lib/mail.jar:/usr/local/tomcat/lib/activation.jar

Also Export JAVA_HOME ,TOMCAT_HOME,ANT_HOME to where these are installed and try startup.sh in bin dir of tomcat.
regards

Yashpal Nagar

Goldwyn <goldwyn_r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Wrote---
Hi friends,

I downloaded a recent Tomcat binary (3.2.1) and unzipped/untared it. On
keying in startup.sh it said -
Error: Can't find libjava.so.

I changed the path inorder to include it but no use. I even copied it into
the current directory.

I looked thru startup.sh and tomcat.sh but couldnt find the reason of the
error.

All kind of help appreciated.

Moreover where is the list of bootup commands placed. I mean when the
computer boots up... the list of process (like starting sendmail, starting
anacron etc)

--

Goldwyn :o)