Re: two mail a/c with mutt?

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 08:57:06PM -0500, V.Suresh wrote:

> Now that I am able to retrieve mails from eth.net using mutt,
> I would like mutt to receive mail from mail.yahoo.com too. But how
> do I configure mutt to receive mail from two pop3 servers? the documentation
> doesn't tell anything about this. I think it is not possible.

I'm not sure how to do this with mutt, but . . .

I would consider pulling your mail with fetchmail. You can include as many pop3 servers as you like in your ~/.fetchmailrc configuration file, like so:

poll mail.eth.net with proto pop3:
	user xxxxx with pass yyyyy is xxxxx here;
poll mail.yahoo.com with proto pop3:
	user xxxxx with pass yyyyy is xxxxx here;

This will put your retrieved mail in /var/spool/mail/xxxxx. Then, set your ~/.muttrc file to read /var/spool/mail/xxxxx with the following directive:

set spoolfile = /var/spool/mail/xxxxx

HTH, and good luck!

Larry