RE: root password in unix

>  I am wondering is it possible to change the password for root in unix also
>if a situation simmilar to ritwik arises in unix.
>Also is it possible to change of root password at runtime if u r not logged
in
>as root.

Well if u r not logged in as root then u can't change the root pwd (Fire up a
terminal enter root pwd and then u can but I guess thats useless right?). Also
it is very much possible to change the root pwd in UNIX detailes depend on
what flavour you r referring to. Basically if u have physical access to a *nix
system always all of them allow change of root pwd in single mode unless
blocked.

....my two cents,

- Kunal

The beatings will continue till the morale improves!