Modem speed

I have a creative modem blaster. It works perfectly well in windows and
was working great in rh6.2. when i installed rh7 and re configured it, it
doesn't work, very low speeds and keeps disconnecting. i have done all the
proper settings (the port speed,/etc/ppp/options - noauth) but it always connects at very low
speeds. i don't think it's anything to do with rh7.
anybody got the same modem or the same problem who can help me.

--
Siddharth Kaza
kaza@xxxxxxxx