From: linux-delhi-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-delhi-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ambar Roy
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2001 11:25 PM
To: linux-delhi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [linux-delhi] Server HW

> P III -  800
make this an amd athlon.. better bang for the buck!
> 256 MB RAM
> Mother Board  - Intel (model number?)
use an asus m/b with the intel 815 chipset. Never use original intel
motherboards.
> SCSI interface
Adaptec!
> SCSI - HDD
Seagate Barracuda or Cheatah
> AGP
U don't need this in a server, an intel 815 shud suffice
> Sound Card
same as above!
> LAN card
get an intel ether expro pro 100

> CD-RW
HP! they are the best in india!
> Laserjet Printer
Get a HP laserjet 2100TN! It is fast, good and quite cheap for a network
printer!

> Monitor
get a lg/samtron 14" monitor (u won't be using this except for bootup
problems)

> and other peripherals (mouse, keyboard etc)
get a logitech mouse, and a samsung keyboard (for servers i normally
disconnect these to prevent any mishaps, this also includes disconnecting
the reset button, and the power button on the cabinet)

Bye,